Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Nemesis


Words aren’t needed, yet
Who said you would escape quietly?
Under a guise of adoration,
You cast your spell.
Did you take me to be so weak,
So as to simply buckle
Beneath your intimidation?
Your rivalry would have been an honour,
But I’m content to smile back.
You don’t realise, do you?
The favour you did me.
Your resilience burns through
A pervasive aura of merciless strength.
It is nothing but one of your tactics
Leaving me defensive.
I envisage you standing over my shoulder,
Smirking in delight,
For each step I take, each word I speak…
Someday, I will be where you are.

...........................................................................................................

I'm still not happy with my writing. *sighs* 


Other than that, I realise that words have power. I must be careful with my author's notes in future. 



4 comments:

  1. Your words speak of a welling ambition, to topple and to rise to power.

    And yes, words are powerful, too powerful.

    Regards,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always a ray of hope amidst darkness; thank you for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose,

    Please stop being so under confident. You write well and use words to their utmost strength. Here you have conveyed such intense desire to compete with one who seems to overshadow you in a very expressive way. Keep writing.

    Take care

    PS : Have you been to my space lately?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. And yes, I have been to your space. I'm following you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Praises or barbs, you are welcome to speak your mind.