Monday, July 11, 2011

Love Enchained



Wound my heart, sear my soul,
Did I not claim I was yours to take?
Like a lovely rose drawing blood
With its piercing thorns,
Your embrace stings me to the core,
And yet…I remain where I am.
Your insidious lust binds me
I sing of chaste love, blithely
Ignorant of those bonds
That ravage me of my strength
Only to be immersed
In the inferno of your self.
Flames tinged with the dying blush
Of fading memories, speaking of days
Humane and generous in their wake,
Your reflection is distorted,
Your spirit is singed.
In your pursuit of dominance,
Making me a willing slave
Would my demise sate your thirst?
Nothing more would please
My twisted yearning for vengeance
Than to see you lost
In self-immolation
Oh, would I not forsake my fragile existence!
To see you soaked in my life-blood,
So near and yet so far…
Your endeavour could never make me yours.

..........................................................................................................

No, I didn't think I could write something like this. Call it expiation, call it catharsis, I don't know how to define it. 
That said, I shall only reappear when the rains are kind enough to nurture the sapling of creativity to the fullest. :)

4 comments:

  1. It can't be masochism, and it isn't sadism either, perhaps it is expiation, but is really really powerful in wordings.

    Beautiful post. But never think of it in reality. :)

    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was even more beautiful when you read it out to me :)
    Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blasphemous Aesthete: Of course not.^^ Thank you for reading.

    Juhi: I'm glad you liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose,

    A relationship where one trying to dominate partner while other helplessly giving in for pursuit of elusive love worded so beautifully.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete

Praises or barbs, you are welcome to speak your mind.