Within my realm
I run, for ever and ever
Chasing mirages,
Seeking illusions,
Savouring little pleasures
Of vivid imagery…mere thoughts
Perhaps more enthralling
Than reality could ever be.
And yet I look out to the world
Behind a veil, wrapped in sanctity
Of visions and dreams –
A perceived conscience
Guarding the fragile, gullible being
Enclosed within
I look for a tear
In this mythical fabric,
Fearing the brilliance that awaits
To dispel this darkness…
Numbing, comforting, dampening
The spark I strive to alight,
Endeavouring to carve my way.
And I’m caught between the two worlds
Forever running, forever seeking.
...
I didn't know I was still capable of writing poetry, although this is not my best attempt. Oh well, but I had to do something to get the creative juices to flow again. *sighs*

It was just Awe-Inspiring.
ReplyDeleteAnd saying this wasn't your best attempt, I'd be gobsmacked by your Ace attempt!
You must be an au fait for a poet!
I may not live up to such a pedestal, but thank you anyway. :)
DeleteRose,
ReplyDeleteMANY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY. MAY GOD BLESS YOU WITH WHATEVER YOU WISH.
Take care
Thank you so much! I hope you're well now. I'm glad you remembered my birthday. :)
Delete