Cast aside your misgivings,
Your minion I’m surely not.
Neither am I unworthy
Of the pedestal you so gallantly adore.
Cast away, cast away
Your aspersions; they shall burn
In the blaze of my resolve.
I’m not scorned, neither do I seek vengeance
I only seek to silence
The scheming voice in your mind,
That blinds you to my makings.
Henceforth I break your bonds.
Do I see you tremble?
Behind the façade of bravado,
Hear, hear, your diffidence shows!
Do not make me reiterate
My avowal to turn my fate around.
I dare you, I shall not be buried.
...........................................................................................................
More thorns than petals much, eh? Oh dear.

I love the title :)
ReplyDeleteI love the last line :)
I love the poem.
I love the way you write :D
O when they come for me,
ReplyDeleteI'll be gone
~LP
Nice post, and more (p)roses than thorns :)
Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete
Juhi: Very generous of you. :D
ReplyDeleteAesthete: Yes, yes, I know I must get back to writing prose. Thank you for reading. :)
loved the title.. loved the poem.. too good..!!! thumbs up.!! :) :)
ReplyDeletedo check my blog at
http://thedevilsworkshop-nick.blogspot.com/
Cheers :)
Why, thank you. :D
ReplyDeletenicely crafted lines...lovely words!
ReplyDeleteRose,
ReplyDeleteConfidence of one who is put down by someone said so well.
Take care
Kalyan and Jack: Thank you for reading. :)
ReplyDelete