Monday, November 7, 2011

Let Go




Why must I follow your call?
Who are you, to dictate my fall?
A life so unique, I’ve tried to lead.
Why must you stamp and knead
It into a commonplace existence?
I’m no escapist; I seek the verve
Of a separate reality, free of bonds
Which hold you in place, day and night.
Insanity you plead, I laugh instead,
Oh to live in confines like you is lunacy indeed!
Do not chain me; you shall harm yourself.
There is no greater crime
Than to domineer a liberated spirit.
I hear the cry of skies, beckoning me.
Let me fly, away from your constraints
And restrictions, I was, I am and I will
Never be your slave...

.....................................................................................................................................

I'm the most forgetful, ungrateful creature you'll ever come across. *sighs*


How could I forget to acknowledge the person who gave me my first ever blog award?



Juhi, aka Philo who has been so kind enough to do the honours, to you, I can only say one thing: Thank you!

No, actually there are other things too...I hope you realise that it is because of you that I'm even here in the first place. You equally inspire me to write and may we always be able to relate to each other through this common bond. Thank you so much. :D



2 comments:

  1. hello :) :)

    congrats on the award :)
    now too the post.. its really nice.. I have been actually feeling a kinda the same since past few days.. like my life is being dictated. reading this was so much like.. "wow.. thats exactly i feel"

    thumbs up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strong. Rebellious. it shows the intense desire of setting free.
    We often feel trapped, don't we? And we all wish to break the chains and fly away.
    Great poem :) Loved it.

    Don't thank me so much :D

    ReplyDelete

Praises or barbs, you are welcome to speak your mind.