Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sacrilege



Cast aside your misgivings,
Your minion I’m surely not.
Neither am I unworthy
Of the pedestal you so gallantly adore.
Cast away, cast away
Your aspersions; they shall burn
In the blaze of my resolve.
I’m not scorned, neither do I seek vengeance
I only seek to silence
The scheming voice in your mind,
That blinds you to my makings.
Henceforth I break your bonds.
Do I see you tremble?
Behind the façade of bravado,
Hear, hear, your diffidence shows!
Do not make me reiterate
My avowal to turn my fate around.
I dare you, I shall not be buried.

...........................................................................................................
More thorns than petals much, eh? Oh dear. 

8 comments:

  1. I love the title :)
    I love the last line :)
    I love the poem.
    I love the way you write :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. O when they come for me,
    I'll be gone


    ~LP

    Nice post, and more (p)roses than thorns :)


    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juhi: Very generous of you. :D

    Aesthete: Yes, yes, I know I must get back to writing prose. Thank you for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved the title.. loved the poem.. too good..!!! thumbs up.!! :) :)

    do check my blog at
    http://thedevilsworkshop-nick.blogspot.com/

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nicely crafted lines...lovely words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rose,

    Confidence of one who is put down by someone said so well.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kalyan and Jack: Thank you for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete

Praises or barbs, you are welcome to speak your mind.