Monday, May 30, 2011

I Call Your Name...



In the looming silence,
A word resounds –
It is but your name,
Which I speak, as if,
Uttering an incantation.
I close my eyes
And I see your name
Etched deeply, never to be effaced.
It surfaces as if a rock,
Against which I lean
Seeking strength amidst a stream
Of turbulent emotions and thoughts.
Do you hear me calling?
Does my voice ring in your ears,
My thoughts rattle your mind,
My memory haunt your dreams?
Or am I merely a presence,
Banished to a corner,
Not to be seen, heard, felt and touched?
I wonder, oh, I wonder,
Whether it is your name
That has bound me to your spell
In a bond that is irrevocable,
Even if I could turn back the time?

4 comments:

  1. The picture reminds me of my type of writing :p
    It's lovely :) ( You know it =D )

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be loved by someone is putting faith, that we are there, in thoughts, prayers and talks... why doubt and fear if love's true?

    Nice read.

    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juhi: I know it all too well. Thanks. :)

    Blasphemous Aesthete: The poem is a result of my ruminations. Creativity works that way for me. :)

    Thank you for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome

    do visit if time permits
    www.soul-n-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Praises or barbs, you are welcome to speak your mind.