Thursday, April 28, 2011

Whispers Of The Past - A Bleach Drabble


The benefits of having a blog? You get to gush and rave and write about the things you like.


Or, as in my case, the characters you like.

But I'm talking about Japanese anime/manga. And more specifically a very popular series called Bleach.

The following post is a drabble about two characters from Bleach, namely Ichimaru Gin and Matsumoto Rangiku. It's too short to be posted as a fiction story on Fanfiction.net, where I have an official profile, so it goes here.

(For those who can relate to this, admittedly these two make an adorable pair.)

...
“Gin…Gin! Where were you all this time? Is that a Shinigami’s uniform? Where did you get it from?”

“I’ve made up my mind. I will become a Shinigami.”

“…What?”

“I will become a Shinigami and change things. I’ll surely do…”

“…so you won’t have to cry anymore, Rangiku…”

...

Your honey-sweet voice still rings in my ears, as if it were yesterday.

But I can’t hear you screaming my name. I don’t want to hear you screaming.

…I’m content to revel in the comforting presence of your singsong voice, the sparkle in your ash blue eyes, the lustre of your caramel hair, the innocence inherent in every expression of your face.

…The dark sky, the gentle, falling snow. The time when I spoke of my promise to protect you, to avenge you, no matter what.

Needless to say, I failed.

I could not protect you. I could do nothing to return what was taken from you.

I can’t bring myself to open my eyes. For I know you’re there. I don’t want to see it in your eyes that I failed you.

Atonement…oh, how I wish I could be given a chance for it. But I apologised. I sought your forgiveness. That’s enough, isn't it?

I’m sorry, Rangiku.

Your tears streak my face.

I could have said a thousand things but I don’t.

I’m glad I apologised.

A final, soft, genuine smile graces my lips as I slip deeper into unconsciousness.

Goodbye…Rangiku.

I know you’ll be able to take care of yourself, as you always have done.

My eyes close to the sound of your voice calling my name…

2 comments:

  1. Short yet deep :)
    You really know how to make use of adjectives :)
    You can go on describing, yeah? :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you, my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete

Praises or barbs, you are welcome to speak your mind.